Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Staeli Shumway Webb

Poor girl is almost 3 months old and I still haven't posted one thing about her. Stae was born on March 9, 2016 and weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. We were surprised with all her dark crazy hair, and when I say crazy, I mean crazy haha I can't get it to go flat for the life of me. Everything with her went well, me not so much but I'll get into that in a bit. She has seriously been the nicest littl girl and I'm hoping she stays that way ha.



 


 


 

 


 

 

So just for my records to remind me not to have any more kids...my recovery was pretty freaking sucky. So my first epidural didn't go in the right place, whether I moved or he put it in wrong we'll never know, so we had to do a second which was perfect and we thought everything was fine. Immediately after having her I felt a headache like I had never felt before. I told the nurses and they immediately laid me back down and called the anesthesiologist because they said I had a spinal leak. 

What happened was the first epidural created a hole in my spine which made the fluid surrounding my brain leak down my spine, so there was nothing supporting my brain which means I was feeling my brain sit straight on my skull. I honestly have never felt pain like it and only got releif by laying flat on my back. So I tried to nurse her laying down which obviously did not work ha. I got another epidural after that to fix the problem which works 99% of the time. To fix it, they draw your blood from your arm at the same time as they are putting another epidural in your back and then have to immediately put that blood back up your spine to basically plug the hole.

 I got two blood patches over the next 24 hours which didn't work which is super rare for one to not work, but two is super unheard of. So that meant I had to lay flat on my back until the hole closed up naturally. So that meant I basically didn't feed, change or even hold Staeli the first 2 weeks of life. It sucked so bad and I am sooo glad it closed up when it did. It took exactly two weeks. I was supposed to meet with a neurosurgeon the morning that it closed up thank the freaking heavens. The only thing that gave me any relief was laying flat, a butt load of caffeine (like 200 oz a day) and caffeine pills and excedrin on top of it.

I still have some pain in my lower back from the 4 epidurals and to the left of my spine from where they think it clotted. I have been going to physical therapy twice a week for the last month and that's not helping a ton so they are going to go start getting steroid shots in it next week to hopefully fix everything. I can deal with that hurting if I have to, I'm just glad the headaches are gone.


Anyways, like I said, Staeli has been such a dang good baby, and I think it's because I couldn't deal with a crazy baby during all this crap ha. My mom and Dal's mom came to stay while I was out of commission for those 2 weeks and I would have seriously been screwed without them. Brew has the biggest obsession with Stae which makes me nervous a lot haha he gets way too close sometimes. Her hair is growing straight up and like a week and lightening up. She is in 6-9 month clothes and waking up 2 times a night. She is just the nicest little lady and I hope she doesn't turn on me Haha.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment