Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Blanding Curse

I honestly feel cursed with Brew whenever we go to Blanding, but especially when I go without Dallan.  Brewer always gets sick or has some major issue and makes it miserable.  Well I guess it's not too miserable or I would quit going, but it makes usually half of the trip pretty sucky. 

This trip was no different.  We planned to go down for 2 weeks while Sagan, Nate, and Wake were in town, and Dal was just going to come for part of it.  Brew was so whiny the first week but I didn't think too much of it because he is usually at wat when we're out of town.  Well dal got there for he weekend and we headed straight to lake Powell with his family on the houseboat.  We got there for dinner and Brew had so much fun playing in the water and on the beach.  He went down for bed really easy and I thought we were home free.  Well about an hour later he woke up when we were getting into bed and I just thought we were too loud and woke him up. Well 6 hours went by of him screaming and not dozing off even once! We were tryin to keep him quiet so he wouldn't wake up everyone on the boat but that was basically impossible.  I was so mad and tired and we were out in the middle of the lake and couldn't go in until morning, so basically we were living in hell all night ha. 

Finally at about 4 am I said screw it and turned on the Lights in the houseboat and was just gonna let him play.  Right when I turned them on Brew showed me his finger and he had a HUGE blister on it. I knew he didn't burn himself so we had no idea what happened.  The swelling was down into his hand and the poor kid was in so much pain. At about 6 it was light enough for Rob to drive us back to Halls Crossing so we could get back to Blanding.  We ended up taking him in and they drained it twice and it was FULL of infection.  The second he started draining it Brew calmed down and I could tell he started feeling so much better. Poor kid. They numbed it and stuck a needle in it and the infection had so much pressure that it shot like 3 feet in the air, like almost to the ceiling, it was so gross. They think he had gotten a sliver in there earlier and either the lake water or just timing made it get super infected, so it was pretty sucky timing.

This was after Jayne Holiday had numbed it for him.


Lots of bandage for one finger infection ha

He found aunt Nayna at the hospital and she treated him like a king. He freaked out when she had to go back and do dialysis for a sec. He loves that Nayna.


After all this craziness we had the best week.  It was sooo fun having us all together again for once. Simone came down for awhile and so her and Sagan got to see each other again for the first time since Simone's mission.  All 5 grandkids played so good and it seriously makes me sad that we can't see them all everyday.  Brew got so used to having everyone around so it was pretty sad when we came home.  It was the funnest thing meeting Wake for the first time in his 5 month life ha, he's the smiliest little dude ever and such a cute chunk. Austri is honestly the happiest, most chill baby and I wish all my kids would be exactly like her.  Aiker is the little cruising man and is just hilarious.  He says Brew and Aysia really well and it's just my favorite. Bry was SO nice to Brew and they played so good. She seriously is the sweetest little thing and told me the greatest stories, all beginning with, "Wong ago..." Haha.

It makes me so sad to not see hem all everyday but it makes me freaking excited  for Christmas!

Papa reading to Brew

All the kids love this piano 

Twinning with cousin Wake!

Aik lovin on Aus as always haha

This four whee got way too much use this trip, Brew is weirdly obsessed. Within seconds of waking up he'd ask for a ride.


Papas hat.  Mimi is in the kitchen in the background of all these pics, she seriously slaves her life away cooking for us the entire time we are there.

I can't leave out wake the wady haha this might be one of my all time favorite pics.


Playing at grams house is the best

The boys had some basketball game going on and we all played in a tetherball tournament the last Sunday we were there and I seriously haven't had that much fun in a long time.  Cheyna even broke her glasses during our game lol, it was intense.

Couldn't get wake to look

Or Aus lol

Dal and Gar

We als went to Bry's favorite place, the Dino muh-seum. She wanted to pose like this for her pic lol she kills me.


Little Brew update:

He is obsessed with counting to 10, but won't say 1.  He rushes through the whole thing so that he can say 10'really loud and get everyone to cheer for him haha.

He can do the entire alphabet but will skip different letters each time.  He rushes to get to Z too for his cheering.

Still working on hitting, he gets lots of time outs and when I get super mad and make him look at me while I tell him not to do something he will always interrupt me with, "mom....hi". Little stink.

He loves his balance bike, four wheelers, airplanes, trains football, baseball and tires still.

He loves to talk about all the people he knows. For some reason the past few days he has really taken a liking to Nate and loves to say hi Nate to anyone and everyone with a beard lol.

Things are either "cool" or "awesome" and he says them both way too much during the day.

When he's playing alone I'll catch him saying, "say zebra...zebra" "say dump truck....dump truck" ha I guess I quiz him too much.

He is talking all day everyday and says the funniest stuff.  I love this age.






Also I'm adding this into my journal blog because I don't think Cheyna will and I have been laughing about it all day and it needs documented. This morning while we were face timing she yelled at Bry and said, "bry, you know the rules, no making potions in the house!" Lol it was so serious like her potion making is just a normal occurrence. Oh the life of Bry.

2 comments:

  1. Still can't believe that blister situation, you are definitely cursed. That is hilarious Brew now quizzes himself haha you never told me that . You are definitely up on the quizzing lol but he freaking sets it up. Love me some Brewski!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably my favorite post by far. Brew's update section is THEE best. I had no idea he would say Mom.. hi! bahahahaha that boy has like 100 different moods and personalities. We miss him SO much. Aik seriously does and says your names whenever he sees my phone. Oh and wake the wady bahahaha

    ReplyDelete