Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1 Year Down...

So, this will be kind of a depressing/poor picked on me/wanna slit my wrists type of post. We have been in Logan for a year now and have decided.....we do not fit in here ha. Everyone we meet thinks we're weird for being from small towns and that we like to play sports, fish, hunt, get ready for the day/wear make-up/not wear a polygamist braid, etc. We have a few friends that are normal but our schedules never seem to work with each other so we don't really do much with them.
Moral of the story is, we miss Blanding, Delta and Cedar! I don't think we realized how good we had it in Cedar when we had tons of married friends around us, plus two of Dal's siblings and their spouses and my sister there too. Whenever we get to go home we never want to leave because we know we are coming back up to this hole where everyone likes to mountain bike and ballroom dance for fun.
So now that I'm done venting, just know I miss everyone and we think you all should take turns visiting us up here in the artic! My mom, Russ & Liz, Jenny & Kory, Brandon & Audrey and Mandi & Jordan have all made the trek so I think it's everyone else's turn!

(Side note: in my last post I said how warm its been up here. Turns out that was a lie cause it's freakin freezing now! Matter of fact, I just slipped on the ice carrying a glass bowl of corn. Let's just say, our neighbors now have a snack outside their door in case they get hungry cause it's too freakin cold to clean it up now).

(Postive note: We love our new apartment, and me and Dal have fun up here just by ourselves. We've been renting lots of movies, playing Idiot (card game), going to USU games, playing Friends trivia, playing Mario Kart (which means we're getting better so we're ready to beat the competition, meaning Cheyna and Dustin) and lots of other stuff. We're not all that miserable...well Dal is, his school sucks this semester, sad for him, but I just had to have a poor picked on me session and get it out of my system.

MISS YOU ALL!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ays I know how you feel. We've only been here for a few weeks and have had a few couples invite us to do stuff or cone over to welcome us to the neighborhood. After talking to any of them I keep thinking, we have nothing in common And I miss cedar and all the friends we had. It's true that we did not know how good we had it either. Cause almost everyone you met had the same small town interests as you. Up here not so much. So we need to hang out soon cause last night on our way home from playing games with some couples from chris's work I told Chris "I miss aysia" ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I know I'm going to seem like a total creeper here because I don't know you, but I clicked on your blog from Nikki's and I had to comment!
    We got married 4 years ago and lived in Spokane, WA for 2 years, Portland for 2 years, and we just moved to Denver. And you are totally right, small town people and big city people are just different! I'm from Monticello and Scott's from Cedar. We had like 1 other couple that we hung out with in Spokane and Portland and that's it! And our Portland friends were from small towns in Utah, not Portland.
    And I totally feel out of place at church because I curl my hair and like to dress up! We just decided that we need to make more of an effort to get to know people here. Hopefully it all works out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nik - Ok we really need to hang out cause we're both pretty much in the same boat! I hope that you'll find some normals down there, but if not, atleast you have Jeter!:) Lets plan something soon k? I really miss you!

    Andrea - ok, so not creepy! I've checked out your blog before from Nikki's site so not even weird:) haha. But thanks for the comment, it helps to know that we're not the only ones that have had to go through this! It sounds like you guys have been all over the place! How fun, I'm jealous! Good luck in Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heck... I love you! I laughed out loud when I read this. I'm coming in the next month or so!!!!! Woooo!!! I love you and I really miss Cedar too. Life isn't the same without all of you a door away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS... not all city people are lame by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're funny Ays! I feel the same way but I'm the other way around...city to small town

    ReplyDelete