Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Update

So a lot has happened since I updated last, we are officially moved to Delta! The last few weeks in Logan were crazy busy, I was working a ton, Dal was finishing up projects and finals, and we were trying to move everything we owned into a storage unit and get the house cleaned and get all moved.  We were busy but we got it done and it's SO NICE to have life chilled out a little bit.

 Outside of our ghetto townhome in Logan, not moving back here ha thank goodness.  It wasn't bad but our neighbors were winners, let me tell ya. Constantly outside smoking and laying out (they were in their 50's, didn't have jobs, and weren't super fit, so the laying out thing was not the cutest sight we've ever seen), and asking us to come over and drink with them cause, "they have the best beer" ha. We actually really liked this apartment overall but we will find something else when we move back up this fall.

 This is before we have everything in our storage unit but this is actually most of it! We fit everything pretty easy in a 10x15 storage unit, so we really don't have that much stuff which is nice.  Guess it pays to marry someone that is a clean/organization freak like Dal:)

 In other news, I haven't even put on here that we are expecting! Life has just been a little crazy to be blogging lately, but I should have plenty more time this summer.  We found out when I was only 3 1/2 weeks along, so let me tell ya, keeping that secret was not easy, especially when I was working and having to go throw up and pretend like I was just fine everyday ha.  I actually felt really good (other than being exhausted) up until 7 weeks and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I would throw up througout the day and then wake up in the middle of the night sick too, but it's completely worth it!
Once I hit second trimester I have felt so much better.  I don't get nauseous unless I get hungry, so I try to eat every couple hours, which I love ha, and I haven't been nearly as tired.  I actually feel like a normal person again!
When we moved to Delta my sis in law that works at the hospital said that the ultra-sound tech that she works with would do an early gender check for us, so we got to go in at just under 16 weeks and find out that we were having a boy! We knew the entire time it would be a boy, everyone has always said they thought I would only have boys, and my family just knew it was a boy too, so when I told them no one was surprised ha, and they have taken the liberty of naming him Delbert, sick I know. It was fun cause we got to go in the same time as Cory and Jamie (who are due on the same day, how crazy is that?) and find out that we were both having boys! It will be so fun to have two boy cousins so close in age, we're way excited. 
I have been beyond sucky at taking belly pics, so this is my first one and it is at 17 weeks.  I feel like I just woke up one day and I had a belly, but it still kinda just looks like I've been hanging out eating Krispy Kremes all day, so it's not the cutest thing in the world right now. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for you and Dallan!! Hope you are feeling better and you guys are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh. Every time you post something you find some way to crack me up! I just love you. We have to get together SO MUCH this summer. I am so excited for you and Dal and baby Delbert (I think it was). Gorgeous name. He'll be a stud! Ladies love names like Delbert. Don't slack on belly pictures. It's so fun to go back and look at them! If you don't wanna post them at least text them to me ok? Mmmm love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see little baby pseudo lookin' not so pseudo anymore! Haha P.S. cute dress, little bit coveting it right now...

    ReplyDelete